- Vanport Square certified “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design gold by the U.S. Green Building Council”.
- B.A.G. & Co. Home Decor at 4606a NE MLK is going out of business.
- Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives, Inc., which works to make affordable housing available to Portlanders, has received a Neighborhood Builders Award from Bank of America. The award comes with $200000 in grants and training. PCRI’s website is here; James Heuer has a blog post with a bit of history on the building PCRI has at 6329 NE MLK, and a slew of photos. I can appreciate this.
- A while back, No Limits Martial Arts wandered away from the streetside space in the Heritage Building.
- Body Elements Chiropractic Clinic has opened in Vanport Square.