“Join Bus Riders Unite as we take our Low Income Fare Equity (LIFE) report to the TriMet Board of Directors! If you’d like to sign up to give testimony, please contact Orlando @ 503 774-4504, or email email@example.com
Portland’s union of transit riders proposes that TriMet implement a reduced price fare for low-income riders. Our LIFE plan comes from analysis of other cities, breaking down TriMet’s budget, and is rooted in the needs of transit-dependent people of color and people with low incomes.
– A fare reduction for low-income riders to help make the new electronic fare system accessible
– A program available to anyone making less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Line
– Expand the definition of “Honored Citizen” rather than creating a new fare.
– Partner with social services agencies to verify income
– The fare reduction should remain in effect for two-years after a rider signs up
– A low-income fare should be in addition to, and not replace, existing programs that support transportation access.
Bus Riders Unite!
Transit is a human right!”
8:30 – 10 am, on Wednesday September 28th, at Portland Community Media, 2766 NE MLK.